6th Grade Science:  

Some topics that your child will explore this year are: Metrics, Scientific Method, Physical Properties, States of Matter, Electricity, Electromagnetism, Energy Transfer, Cells, Air Cycle/Atmosphere, Water Cycle, Food Cycle, Ecosystems, and Biomes

Grades:

A    100% - 90% 

B     89%  - 80%

C     79%  - 70%

D     69%  - 60%

F     Below 60%

Grades are Weighted as follows:

Tests:                           60%                                

Quizzes/Projects:         30%             

Daily Work/Notebook: 10%       

Grading Procedures:

1. (BUG) Bringing Up Grades: Students with missing assignments may be "bugged" to come in and take care of missing assignments.

2. After School Tutoring is available for students who need extra help in specific areas.

3. If you are absent from school, you are allowed twice the number of days absent to turn in the work for full credit.

4. If you are absent from school for a school activity, you are still responsible for completing and turning in your missed assignment.

5. Grades are posted on PARENT CONNECT, and I will also email progress reports weekly.

6. The following grade codes will be used for late or missing work:

NTI (Not Turned In - and needs to be)       

ABS (Absent) Assignment still needs to be turned in. Excused for twice the number of days absent.   

EXC or E (Excused) Assignment doesn't need to be made up.

News

My Goal for you

07/29/2013 00:00
My goal this year is to provide as much information as possible about what we are doing in science to both the students and their parents.  Weekly, each grade level will try to send out a quick newsletter, via email, to let you know what your child is working on in their core classes for that...

—————

Visitors notice

07/29/2013 00:00
    We begin the year by practicing science processing skills, like taking measurements, in metrics. We will practice measuring mass, volume, temperature, and distance.  We will also learn how to make qualitative and quantitative observations. Throughout the school year we will...

—————

Contact

Susan Crane

Alcott Middle School
1919 W. Boyd
Norman, OK 73069

366-5845